Best Overall Film – DISCHARGE – The Action 5
Prompt for Spring 2014 Fifty Hour Film Contest
Your Genre: Science Fiction
A science fiction film deals with imaginative concepts such as futuristic settings, futuristic science and technology, space travel, time travel, parallel universes, and extraterrestrial life. Science fiction themes can be broadly interpreted, often cutting across other genres, but the method of presentation is entirely up to you.
Example Scifi Films:
- Star Wars
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The Matrix
- District 9
- Jurassic Park
- The Terminator
- Planet of the Apes
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Back to the Future
- Star Trek
Your Prop: RETN Animation and/or Logo
This animation must be clearly visible in your film and incorporated into the story in some way. RETN is our partner organization, helping us with advertising and featuring our films on their network. Based out of Burlington, VT, their mission is to make media and technology accessible for all students and lifelong learners to advance education and civic engagement.
One of the following RETN animations will be seen in your film (for example, on a TV screen, computer, phone, or tablet). Top screenplay points will be given to films that incorporate this animation into the story, not just subtly showing it in the background.
1. Robot video: https://vimeo.com/77615477
2. Avalanche video: https://vimeo.com/77615478
3. Newton’s cradle: https://vimeo.com/77615476
These videos are password protected. The password will be sent to the email addresses you used to register your team. Please do not tell anyone this password except those on your team.
Someone who frequently offends others without ever knowing it.
This character in some way has to be shown and acted out in the movie. They don’t have to be central to the plot but they must appear in the film and not just be talked about by the actors.
- “It’s been an pleasure/honor working/serving with you.”
- “He/she was the greatest ________ I’ve ever known.”
- “I can’t even remember the last time I saw one of those.”
- “…and that was the day that everything changed.”
- “Is this supposed to be edible?”
- “Isn’t that what I just said?….. no?…..okay.”
- “I can’t remember if it was reality or if it was just a dream.”
- “Can I honestly say that I have no regrets?”
- “That’s not what my doctor said!”
- “Does this look like the face of someone who’s kidding?”
- “Find the right place, and stand firm.”
You must use at least five of the lines above! This dialogue must be kept in intact sentences, but the order, timing, and usage of these lines is entirely up to your group. These five lines MUST be clearly heard in your final film
If you have any problems or questions please email email@example.com