Spring 2018 Contest is the weekend of March 23rd-25th. Get your teams together! Registration will open March 1st.
Best Overall Film – LIT – The Cinnamon Yetis
Best Cinematography – The Neighborhood Watch – Nocturnal Films
Best Editing – Scarred – Wolffire Productions
Wonderness Studios – The Friend Zone
Paperback Productions – The King’s pattern
Great work by everyone involved. Keep an eye out for next year’s contest!
We are having the Premiere night on Wednesday May 24th. Doors will be 7pm. Location the Roxy in Downtown Burlington.
Suggested Donations Adults $5 Students $3 Film teams are free.
Please share the Facebook event: MAY 24th Facebook Premiere Night
See you there!
Hey everyone! Hope that the filming is going well. Here are a couple notes as the contest creation time comes to a close.
- All films must be submitted by the end of Monday April 3
- All Filming/major editing should be finished by Sunday Night
- Monday is reserved for Exporting/color correction/audio leveling etc. Since you probably haven’t slept much please wrap creation editing on Sunday. In order to ensure a fair contest and to not impact your upcoming school week don’t spend Monday shooting/editing as well.
- When you are ready to submit put your vimeo link here http://fiftyhourfilm.com/wp/?page_id=276
- If your team has financial concerns you can contact me directly email@example.com
- Compress your film to fit the vimeo guidelines. You don’t need a pro account just export your film small enough to fit the free account. If you want to transfer me a higher quality less compressed version for the premiere night I can dropbox you a link or just wetransfer it to me.
- If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Premiere night is tentatively scheduled for mid May. I will update this site when I have a solid date.
Fifty Hour Film Contest
Your Genre: Buddy Film
A film within this genre portrays two or more characters whose friendship/relationship/issues drive the plot. This type of film may cut across several genres. However, the styles and methods of presentation are entirely up to you.
Example Buddy Films:
Star Wars (Han Solo and Chewbacca)
Rush Hour (Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan)
Twins (Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito)
Men in Black (Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith)
Toy Story (Buzz and Woody)
Lilo and Stitch
The Fox and The Hound
Your Prop: a printed copy of any book by Stephen King
This prop must be clearly seen in your film and incorporated into the story in some way. Top screenplay points will be given to teams that make this prop a part of the story rather than simply showing it in the background.
Your Character: The Constantly Insulted
This character is insulted very easily. They may become upset by little things or even misread a compliment as an insult.
This character must be shown and acted out in the movie in some way. They don’t have to be central to the plot but they must appear in the film and not just be talked about by the actors.
“Are you really eating that with ketchup?”
“Just cover it up, and call it a day.”
“I feel like the average human has below-average intelligence.”
“I know all the words of every [music artist/group] song.”
“Everything is legal in [name of place].”
“I’m pretty sure I said that fifteen minutes ago.”
“I can’t wait until the next election season!”
“In the words of the great [kids TV show character], [line that character says].
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you…but I would do it if I was me.”
“I heard about this on the internet.”
You must use at least five of the lines above! This dialogue must be kept in intact sentences, but the order, timing, and usage of these lines is entirely up to your group. These five lines MUST be clearly heard in your final film
Tom and Nick
PDF version below
Today is the day! Good luck to everyone! Please register if you haven’t already. The prompt will be here ~2pm.
Click HERE to Register -or the link at the top
The prompt will be posted here ~ 2:00pm on Friday the 31st. It is helpful to register your team before the start of the contest so we can gauge the number of entries.
Teams Registered for the Spring 50 Hour Film Contest
- The Cinnamon Yetis
- Wonderness Studios
- Loosely Romantic
- Nocturnal Films
- Wolffire Productions
- James Keenan Experience
- Paperback Productions
Tentative date of the spring 50 is the weekend of march 31st-April 2nd
We are not having a fall contest this year. It just becomes too cramped a timeline around the holidays to make a contest possible. The spring contest will be held in late march as usual.
In the mean time please consider making a film for the Freedom and Unity Film Competition. https://freedomandunitytv.org